there's no reason not to enjoy making this representative log cake.
This is the best part after having had a substantial Christmas feast.
Yes, with all the other baking going on...
Choose your favourite chocolate cake recipe, or try one of mine.
This cake had originated from the very easy Hershey Cocoa hot water cake and slightly modified through the years.
. 1 tsps. (5ml) baking powder
. 2 tsps. (10ml) baking soda
. 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) salt
. 1-1/2 cups (315g) granulated sugar
. 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar, packed
. 3/4 cup (75g) Dutch-processed Cocoa powder
Divide the length part and separate each in two layers. Pile the 4 layers with the cream filling.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the first 5 dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in the center to then pour the next 4 liquid ingredients. Lastly, add in the Cocoa mixture.
4. From the center outwards, beat the mix for about 2 minutes on medium speed with the electric mixer. This batter will seem quite thin...don’t worry.
5. Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes. Once removed from the oven, wait 15 minutes before prying the cake from the edges with a sharp spatula. Afterwards, remove and flip it over on a wire rack. Cool another 30 minutes before setting it on the serving platter.
6. Note: Remember, the cake needs a good resting period before cutting its layers. I cover the cake lightly with a tea cloth and let it rest for several hours or overnight.
7. Afterwards...go ahead and follow the directions for the filling and garnish mentioned below.
Tip: If short on time...use your favourite (cooked) pudding mix:
Caramel - Coffee custard pastry cream
. 1/8 cup (28g) granulated sugar
. 2 tsps. (10 ml) instant coffee granules
. 1/4 cup (32g) unbleached All-purpose flour
. 1 cup (250ml) milk (low fat+)
. 1/4 tsp. (1.75ml) pure Vanilla extract
. 1/4 cup (60ml) Caramel spread
can be inspired with several aromatics.
. 2 cups (500ml) whipping cream (35%)
The cake will be perfect for slicing and the whipped cream will still be intact and fresh.
Please take note on how I bake and cook...